- **** Quick Site Settings: Adding Sub Menus to Site Actions in SharePoint
- (AC’s) MOSS WCM STSADM custom commands have been updated
- Adding SharePoint 2007 Lists using a SmartClient
- Using Validators to Verify User Input from a Web Part’s Custom EditorPart
- HtmlDesignerAttribute: Custom Property Builders for SharePoint Web Parts
- Free Custom Cross-Site Lookup Column Add-On for WSS v3
- The Three-State Workflow – The Forgotten Out-Of-The-Box Workflow for Both WSS and MOSS
- Changing the Number Of Blog Posts Per Page
- Select Multiple Categories for SharePoint Blog Posts
- Make Selected Links in a Links List Open in a New Window
- Sneak peak at Alert Manager 2007
- Save as template with Publishing feature turned on
- Dumping MOSS 2007 Variations – Part 1
- Step-By-Step Tutorial on Creating Workflows for WSS v3 and MOSS 2007
- How to Video: (Programmatically Creating a User Task) Document Workflow in SharePoint (MOSS) 2007
- Tips and Tricks: Use a lookup table instead of a choice dropdown list
- Failed to instantiate file “default.master”
- VSeWSS 1.1 CTP
- How to Customize the User Information Page (Part 3)
- Installing SQL Reporting Services and MOSS 2007 on the Same port ( default : 80)
- Building a Hello World Web Part for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- [CADCAMNet] “Microsoft SharePoint is a PLM Trojan Horse”
- 25 Code Snippets for Web Designers (Part7)
- MSDN Webcast: Best Practices for Developing, Debugging, Deploying Web parts in WSS
- Debugging Web parts in WSS
- Windows Live ID Authentication on your SharePoint site?
- STSADM export, Content Deployment, Content Migration API, Features/Solutions – deployment options compared
- Recommendations for SharePoint Application Pool Settings
- IntelliGantt SharePoint Web Parts
- SharePoint Designer — Custom activity to execute user-defined C# functions
- SPD Workflow custom action – get the tag right to avoid frustration
- Tips and Tricks: Access document libraries from your local Quick Launch
- New eLearning Course: Developing Solutions with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Visual Studio 2005
- Structured content authoring using the 2007 Microsoft Office System and XML
- MOSS 2007: Customize the Search Result (using XSLT) – Part 3 – Customize using SharePoint Designer 2007
Archive for October, 2007
Posted by Steve Pietrek on October 24, 2007
I’m hoping for a little guidance. I created a basic team site which has a Shared Documents document library and Calendar, Tasks, and Issues lists. As you can read, pretty simple stuff.
I have two users who are running IE 6 (6.0.2900.2180) and when they click a link in the Quick Launch bar, they receive the following error. The error occurs in kernel32.exe.
I have read numerous posts on this issue. There are quite a few on users running into this issue when opening a document (Microsoft has a hotfix on this). It seems related to owssup.dll. My users are not opening documents, they are just clicking the list links in the Quick Launch. My feeling is there is an add-on which is messing up IE. I told them to disable them and figure out which one is causing it.
Update #1 (11/7/2007): I have done a little more research on the issue. I believe the issue is related to either an add-on or a conflict with having Office 2003/Office 2007 applications installed on the system. We ran into another user who has the same issue. What do all of the users have in common? They are all running Office 2003 and Project 2007. Although I told them to go through the list of add-ons and disable one at a time and retry, I believe it’s the conflict issue. I wrote up instructions for the users to hopefully resolve the issue. We’ll see when they run through the tests:
- Open C:\program files\microsoft office\office 12\
- Rename the OWSSUPP.DLL file to something like OWSSUPP.backup.
- Go to Start –> All Programs –> Microsoft Office –> Microsoft Office Tools –> Microsoft Office Diagnostics.
- Run the tool after it runs you will have a new OWSSUPP.DLL file. If you look at the time stamp it should be an hour newer than the other dlls.
Posted in SPErrors | Comments Off
Posted by Steve Pietrek on October 10, 2007
Today I ran into a frustrating issue. I was creating some custom site definitions and when I attempted to provision a site, I would get the “404 Not Found” error. Instead of creating a default.aspx, I created several derivatives with different names (e.g. defaultxxxxx.aspx). The issue was in the ONET.XML file in the modules section, I referenced the correct URL but did not give it a name.
<Module Name=”CustomSite01” Url=”" Path=”">
<File Url=”default01.aspx” Name=”default.aspx” NavBarHome=”True” Type=”Ghostable“>
<NavBarPage Name=”$Resources:core,nav_Home;” ID=”1002” Position=”Start” />
<NavBarPage Name=”$Resources:core,nav_Home;” ID=”0” Position=”Start” />