Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 Bluetooth Pairing
Posted by Steve Pietrek on April 9, 2008
Scott Hanselman posted on packing light. One of his hints talked about using the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 without the dongle since it is Bluetooth enabled. Hmmm. I have that mouse. I have Bluetooth. In the past, everytime I attempted to pair the two together, it wouldn’t work. After messing around with it, I figured out what I messed up on:
- Turn on the mouse
- Press and hold down the connect button until the light flashes an alternate green/red (this is the step I missed).
- Go into Bluetooth devices.
- If the “Mouse” device is not in the list, search for the mouse.
- When it is found, select it.
- Select to not use a passkey.
It should now be setup. Now I can use my external wired keyboard, usb drive for Readyboost, another external HDD for VM’s, plus my favorite mouse.
10 Responses to “Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 Bluetooth Pairing”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.